You may never have considered why you need Hypnosis in your life.
Please let me explain. For many people hypnosis is a last resort, but I really wish it would catch on like mindfulness has because so many people could be less troubled and have better lives.
What is Hypnotherapy?
Now, I’m a Hypnotherapist who thinks Hypnotherapy is the best thing since sliced bread so this could be a very long blog post! One that would probably put you into a trance! So in the interests of your time and my fingers, I am going to today just tell you about the nuts and bolts.
Hypnotherapy is used to make changes to things that are negatively affecting people’s lives (see lists below) but also to put positivity in. Because your mind is very alert during hypnosis positive statements are very well received. Imagine affirmations but 100 times stronger.
Once you have learned self-hypnosis (your hypnotherapist will teach you this), you can use hypnosis to self-heal, relax, sleep or ‘sort your head out’.
One of my favourite things about hypnosis is being able to ‘declutter’ my mind and feel fabulous afterwards. Even better than a power nap!
Are you in a trance yet?
Probably! We dip in and out of trance many times a day. But what is trance? A trance is where you access the subconcious part of your mind. You actually have two minds. Did you know! One conscious (said to be 10%), the other subconscious (said to be 90%). More on those minds another time (remember that reader’s subconscious mind won’t you *wink*)
So what is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis works by keeping the conscious mind occupied, which allows access to the subconscious mind where all the ‘stuff’ is stored. Your hypnotherapist will then guide you to the issues that you’ve asked them for help with.
I think the best description for the feeling is that bit before you go to sleep when you are having thoughts (and they are sometimes amazing) but you wouldn’t necessarily be able to put them into words very easily. But it all makes perfect sense at the time! Many a puzzle or problem is resolved in hypnosis.
Issues that can be addressed with hypnosis (most common):
- Anxiety (social anxiety, health anxiety, panic attacks)
- PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder)
- Self Esteem
- Stop smoking
- Weight loss
- Pain management
- Healing emotional wounds
- Unwanted habits
- Stress relief
- Sports performance
- Exam revision and nerves
Other issues that can be addressed with Hypnosis:
- Bulimia nervosa
- Anorexia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Rheumatoid athritus
- Thumb sucking
Does it work on everyone?
Young children are in hypnosis already so make excellent clients. They just love metaphoric stories which appeal to their wonderful imaginations.
Adult suggestibility varies. I talk about suggestibility on another post called ‘everything you think about Hypnosis is probably wrong!’. It is nothing to do with being gullible or belief.
The more you go into hypnosis, the better you get at it. Imagine being able to slip into a state where you felt more relaxed and able to self-heal, whenever you like. They should do belts in it like karate (I would be a black belt lol).
What can’t Hypnosis do?
Hypnosis is such a versatile tool. It harness the greatest power of your mind, the subconscious to address issues and creative possibilities. Ask any hypnotherapist or anyone who has resolved an issue with hypnotherapy and they will tell you. It is life changing.
You don’t need to live with your ghosts of the past. Hypnosis doesn’t change the past but certainly allows you to accept it and move on.
Hypnosis gives you personal power. The realisation that the story in your head is not the story of your future. The things that limit you simply need tweaking in your mind and off you go. The world is your oyster.
And oh! It works on physical pain too. The effect of positive thinking on the body is no secret. Ask anyone who has defied their medical diagnosis of expected lifespan for a disease.
Oh sorry I was meant to be telling you what Hypnosis can’t do wasn’t I?! It can’t make you win the lottery, it can’t make someone love you and it can’t give you perfectly behaved children. There you go lol. Seriously though, it doesn’t work on someone who isn’t committed to the change they say they seek.
The important thing for a successful hypnosis treatment is that any concerns or fear are removed for the client and the client is motivated to change.
You want to try it now don’t you?
If this post has made you want to try hypnosis NOW, then please get in touch and I will squeeze you in as soon as I can 🙂