Healthy eating – Day 3 – Guest blogger Jacqueline Barleycorn
Our second guest blogger is Jacqueline Barleycorn from The Sweet Lemon in Goring. Jacqui runs plant based cookery demonstrations at her home. Here Jacqui tells us about a typical day in her life.
Imagine yourself 21 days from now….
Sleeping better, eating better, feeling better and people asking what your secret is! You can make real changes to your health in just 21 days for free. Sign up now.
I start the day with oil pulling
My day tends to start about 7am. I love to wake up naturally and the first thing I do is oil pulling. I swish a spoonful of coconut oil around in my mouth for about 15 minutes before spitting it out. It’s reputed to have great health benefits. I then drink a pint of warm water.A few times a week I dry brush before having my shower. It’s a great way to help circulation & lymphatic drainage. After I’ve showered, I do some gentle yoga. I find it helps to stretch out my muscles. I love doing it outside on the patio weather depending & usually end up with one of my dogs keeping me company.
I cook and createMornings are usually spent cooking. 2 years ago I started my blog after having changed to a plant based diet I felt I wanted to share my recipes. I try to make our evening meal in the morning as I find it helps to be organised and plan ahead if you’re trying to eat healthily. I also spend a lot of time trying out new recipes which have usually popped into my head during the night.I prefer to not have a big breakfast as I find it slows me down. I love having smoothies. My current favourite one is mango, berries and coconut water. They are just so crazily easy and quick to make. I always try to keep some frozen fruit in so I can always make a smoothie.
I fill up on healthy vegetarian foodLunch is usually something like soup and salad or flatbreads with avocado and humous.
Afternoons are often spent walking my dogs and going for a bike ride. We are so lucky that we can cycle from our house along the seafront into town. I love living by the sea, so much that I miss it if I’m away from the coast.I usually end at my evening meal about 6 or 7. It’s usually something like a lovely cauliflower, chickpea and spinach curry or a sweet potato cottage pie with some lovely green veggies.During the day I drink warm water and coconut water.
Healthier cakesIf I have a sweet treat it’s one of my raw cakes that I make which have no refined sugar in them. One of my families favourites is my raw millionaires shortbread which is made from nuts, coconut oil and raw chocolate.I find I feel so much better when I eat well. I try not to eat wheat, dairy and refined sugar. I find that what I eat affects me not only physically but mentally and emotionally. My blog is full of easy, fun recipes www.thesweetlemon.co.uk
A note from Honey….
Thanks Jacqui for your blog and sharing a day in your life with us.
What this blog is:
- This is a 30 day blog about health eating where different people will share their thoughts and experience
- This is a non-judgmental place of inspiration
- This is a place to learn, pick up tips and think about your own eating
What this blog isn’t:
- This isn’t a weight loss plan. Although losing weight is often a by-product of eating a healthier diet! I do help people lose weight with Hypnotherapy but that is not the purpose of this blog.
- It isn’t a place to feel regret about the situation of your health right now. Today is a chance to make changes!
Do you know what you are eating?
Yesterday’s product was BBQ sauce.
Can you guess today’s product from it’s ingredients?
Let us know in the blog or facebook comments! I will let you know the answer here tomorrow.
Here’s the plan:
- Read the blog each day. Get involved. comment, share your thoughts and wisdom
- If you want to be accountable and use this as an opportunity to improve your diet and see how much better you can feel in just 30 days then go for it
- Find me on Facebook, my website, on twitter
- Sign up to my newsletter at the bottom of this blog for a free relaxing download and special offers
See you tomorrow.
Healthy hug 🙂