Fit-bits used to be a popular christmas present
Now they are pretty commonplace. ‘They’ say we should be doing 10,000 a steps a day to be healthy. A fit-bit helps you count your steps each day and you might be looking for ways to increase your activity.
Maybe you’ve joined a gym or bought an exercise DVD to do at home. Maybe you haven’t really got into anything yet and are finding it hard to motivate yourself.
A ridiculously high percentage of people that join the gym each year in January stop going by February. This might be because they didn’t find something they loved doing. If you find something you love to do you won’t want to stop doing it!
You might need to try a few different things before you find the right exercise for you. Some people enjoy a bit of Zumba and others are not so keen but love to swim or run. You’ve just got to find your thing (or things).
Here are some ideas of things you could try!
1. Max HIIT workout: HIIT is very high-intensity interval training. It burns major calories in less time. This seven-minute HIIT workout is the perfect circuit to raise your heart rate while working your entire body.
2. Spinning which is basically cycling indoors: See it here
3. Tabata workout: Tabata is a type of HIIT workout that involves 20 seconds of max training followed by 10-second rests, for a total of four minutes. This 10-minute Tabata workout video includes two intense circuits along with a quick warm up and cool down.
4. CrossFit workout: CrossFit is for serious athletes. You can see what it is like here
5. Pilates is great for your core, see what it is like here.
6 – Circuits is a mixture of everything; weights, running, squats and lots of other things. See it here.
7. Kickboxing is just as it says! See it here.
So do any of those take your fancy? would love to hear about what sort of exercise you have tried and what your experience was.
It is often said that when you do something for 30 days it becomes a habit. However, if you are doing something you like aswell as it feeling like more of a natural thing to do, the fact that you enjoying it will be enough to pull you back time and time again.
If you need help embarking on a healthier lifestyle….
If you want to stop smoking to help you in you quest for a healthier lifestyle the easiest way to stop really is with hypnotherapy. I offer a 2 hour session stop smoking treatment to get you stopped for good. The results are excellent.
Other ways hypnotherapy can help with fitness is by focusing the mind on sports targets for running and strengthening motivation for all sporting events. The mind is just as important as the body for exercise!